Kilbride Campsite is situated at the southern end of the Hebridean
island of South Uist, beside the road that runs along the south shore of
the island. The campsite looks out across a small bay with white
shell-sand beach and enjoys magnificent views across the Sound of Barra,
with its sparkling turquoise seas and scattering of islands.
The campsite is a very popular with those walking or cycling the Hebridean
Way, stopping overnight either at the campsite or at our adjacent hostel
, or breaking their day-time journey with rest and refreshments at our adjoining café
The campsite is popular, too, for those touring with cars - whether packed with tents or towing a caravan, and is especially popular with those touring the islands with a campervan or motorhome.
Kilbride Hostel Fact-File
- Isle of South Uist, at West Kilbride / Cille Bhrìghde, beside the B888
- 57.1033° N, 7.3561° W
- On the Hebridean Way long-distance walking and cycling routes
- 5m/8km north of Eriskay-Barra ferry terminal
- 8m/11km from Lochboisdale-Mallaig ferry
- 5m/8km south of Dalabròg / Daliburgh, with Co-op supermarket, post office
W17 Bus route (the main route through the islands) stops on request right here
- Nearly 30 hard pitches, typically 8m x 7m, many larger. One pitch double-sized.
- All hard pitches with electric hook-up
- Pitches 15m apart and staggered for privacy and views
- Plentiful green space giving flexibility to accommodate tents - whether for backpackers and cyclists, or cars and requiring electric hook-up
Site Facilities :
Service point: fresh water tap, refuse, waste-water and toilet emptying
- 3 showers, 3 WCs each for male and female
- Separate 'resricted mobility' WC & Shower
Free use of dish-washing and kitchen facilities
- Laundry facilities available (small charge)
- Free WiFi
Kilbride Campsite is on the same site and under the same ownership and management as Kilbride Café and Kilbride Hostel.
Adjacent to the 18thC high-walled kitchen garden of historic importance, within which are
The Big Garden and The Hebridean Woolshed
Kilbride Bay - across the road - with white shell-sand beach and views across the Sound of Barra. Ideal for kayaking.
hill-walking on Eiseabhal (immediately to the north of the hostel) and
other hills eastwards, with vast panoramic views.
Shop for groceries in Eriskay
(3m / 5km south) or at Daliburgh